Friday, July 28, 2017

Santa Rosa Plateau!


Thursday morning I ran/hiked with my friend Elena at the beautiful Santa Rosa Plateau Ecological Reserve! 

 We decided to head out to the historic adobes and back. The route is about 6 miles round trip.  This place reminds me of Quarry Hill Nature center back in Rochester.  It has a visitor center and lots and lots of trails.  The reserve is on 9,000 acres and has the oldest standing buildings in Riverside county. You can learn more about it here.


We got lucky that day and there were a few clouds in the sky to help shade us from the sun.  I did lather up with my SPF 70 sunscreen before we left!  The sun out here always has such a high UV index that I don't ever go anywhere with out it.  However, I should have brought more water as my one bottle didn't last me very long. I need to invest in a hydration pack soon.
It was such a nice morning and we didn't see any scary creatures other than a dead tarantula.  It was a nice change of scenery. 

  







No comments:

Post a Comment