Saturday, October 22, 2016

In the beginning...

I want to get back to the beginning of when I started running and why...and throw in a few old pictures for fun!  But real quick I just want to say I am still figuring out this whole blog thing, I am making an effort to read every pin on pinterest about it and hopefully the outcome will be wonderful ;) (insert sarcasm). But for real, I am going to give this my best effort!

It all started back in the fall of 2011, my baby was almost 3 years old and I had not completely lost all the baby weight. I still had about 10 pounds to go and felt frumpy. So one day after dinner I told my husband I was going to go for a run and that is exactly what I did. I laced up whatever pair of shoes I had and threw on some workout clothes and out the door I went.  I think I ran about 2 miles but I have no idea how far I actually went. And I felt like I was going to puke when I was done, but for some reason, I loved it and wanted to do it again the next day.  

And so it began, my love of running. I can't even tell you how many races I have ran or how many total miles it all adds up to but I can tell you I don't ever want to stop. There are so many good feelings I get from running that I don't think there is anything that can replace it.  

I have since learned that I need a supportive stability shoe and the best running clothes are made of technical material. 

And now for some fun!

Here I am with my son, Gavin after my very first Half Marathon. The Med City Half Marathon in May of 2013

This is me and my sister at the Dirty Girl Mud run back in 2012.  


And this is me at the Warrior Dash in 2013, I actually had just found out I was pregnant in this photo. I think I was about 6 weeks along at the time.


This was my first race after I had my second baby. I was only 6 weeks post-par tom at the time. I am with my friend, Kara and we ran the Unleash the She that raises money for Ovarian Cancer research.


Lastly, here is the one year after that last photo. I ran the Unleash the She again and all my baby weight was gone!

That is all for tonight, I want to do some race recaps for some of the bigger races I have ran especially Ragnar! 
Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment