Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Third Trimester!

Good Morning!

Wow, where does the time go? Did you have a good Thanksgiving?  My baby brother, Zac, was the lucky one that got to host this year.  I am not sure if I have mentioned this before, but I come from a big family. I have two brothers and three sisters and 13 nieces and nephews, plus my son and one on the way. We usually take turns hosting the holidays and this year Mike had to work, so I really didn't want to have it at my house. Luckily, a short time ago my brother and his wife, Liz, bought a house about a mile away from me in Rochester. This was our first big holiday at his house.  So big we ended up with 38 people. This picture is just my side of the family.

Liz's brother-in-law made these shirts for us. Each feather of the turkey has a different last name on to match the families represented there.
I am in between my two younger sisters Annie and Hilary, my brother Zac is on the far left and my older brother, Jed, is on the far right of the photo. You may remember my older sister from one of my older posts. She is the tallest one in the back row two down from me.  My dad is the gray bearded guy on the couch with the unhappy look on his face. But that is how he is for every picture, he really was happy to be there.
 
We had a traditional turkey dinner, which was great, it gave us some fuel for black Friday shopping. Yes, I do participate in the madness, but I don't go all crazy. I kind of get some of the same things every year, with the addition of a few new things this year, but my sister and I kind of have it down to a science when we go out.  We started at Wal-Mart for the 6pm and the 8pm sales then headed to Shopko and then I went home to bed. I was in bed by 11:30pm. My sister and some friends however, were out all night until 9:30am. I don't know how they do it, but they do. The one thing I didn't get, but really wanted was the two-camera video monitor from Babiesrus. I didn't go there until later on Friday and they were all sold out. But that's ok, I will keep looking.
 
Last of all, today I start my Third Trimester! Whoo Hoo! 
 
Actually, it is kind of scary because that means I only have 13 weeks left and I am not quite ready yet. Honestly, the part I am worried about the most is going back to work full time after that baby is born. I had a hard time doing that with Gavin and I just know this time will be even harder.
I did have my prenatal check up last week and I had another ultra sound. Everything looked good, my placenta had moved out of the way and that is no longer a concern. Here are a few pics from the ultra sound. I wish they weren't so grainy, but it is till fun to see the little guy!  Oh and I made sure he was still a he. LOL.  According to the scan he weighed 2lbs 2oz and is growing perfectly.
 

 
I can't forget to add, that last Wednesday was my son Gavin's 5th Birthday.  So after my appointment I met him and Mike at Culvers for lunch. Gavin loves eating there and since it was his birthday I let him choose where to eat.
 
 
 
Hopefully you had a wonderful holiday! Have a great day!
 



2 comments:

  1. Wonderful news about the placenta! You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete