Tuesday, December 10, 2013

A Few of My Favorites...

I love Christmas time; the decorations, the cookies, the Christmas programs at Church, the Christmas themed movies on TV, all of it! What I don't like is that means it is cold outside, I hate the cold weather and we have been in single digits with it feeling like double digits below zero for over a week now. I am so looking forward to our vacation to California on December 28th. We will be staying with my husbands brother and his family, about an hour north of San Diego.  I am very excited for Gavin's first time on a plane and first time to Disneyland. It should be a great trip.

And now on to a few of my favorite things!
I love to bake all year, but especially at Christmas. I love to try out new cookie recipes and of course make some of the old favorites. I usually make up two or three different dough's at once and then bake all the cookies right in a row. This last weekend I made the peanut butter kisses cookies, chocolate peppermint cookies and Christmas snowball cookies. They were all delicious and my favorite part is giving them away!
 

I also love our family tradition of making Gingerbread houses at my Dad's house. We try to do this every year and once in awhile the whole family is there, but not always. We always have a different partner every year and this year Gavin decided to hang out and decorate with me. We started this tradition years ago with graham crackers and making homemade frosting, over the years we have transitioned to buying the pre-made kits because it is so much easier. We still buy lots of extra candy to decorate with eat.  We have such a good time laughing and getting all sugared up!


Here Gavin is getting started, and this is our finished product!

What are some of your favorite things around the holidays?
 
 


1 comment: