Friday, August 2, 2013

Life changes!

Hello,
     I have some life changes happening and I wanted to share them with you.
 

Yep! You are not seeing things! Believe me, I was in denial.  So much that I had to take 5 pregnancy tests.  So it is safe to say that this came as a total and complete surprise. A slight mis-calculation on my part and well, you know how the story goes. Mike and Jessica sittin' in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G, first comes Love, then comes Marriage, then...
 
So I am thinking of changing the name of my blog to Jessica Likes to Run...While Pregnant. Just kidding ;)
Yep, that's right I plan on running as much as I can until I can't because I am too big or it hurts.  I plan on listening to my body, but I am going to try and workout this pregnancy, which is something I did not do when I was pregnant with Gavin.  I will be documenting everything because I will otherwise forget. LOL. Pregnancy brain is real people and let me tell you so is morning sickness. Except I am so lucky that my morning sickness lasts all day and even wakes me up in the middle of the night. I will be so glad when I start the second trimester and start feeling better and don't have to eat saltine crackers every morning.  I did have my first appointment on July 31st. We did get to hear the heartbeat, which was 175. I was so thankful for that. I also got a little chewed out because I have an umbilical hernia from when I had Gavin and I never got it fixed. I guess it didn't bother me, so I never thought about getting it fixed. The nurse practioner was ready to send me to see a surgeon, but she got the second opinion from Dr. and he said to leave it alone for now. But they also told me to not do any ab workouts or anything that would work my stomach. It is getting enough of a workout already ;)
 
I was also lucky enough to have an early ultra sound. Like I said we were not planning on this, so I had a slight idea on my due date. I went in for that yesterday and instantly we got to see the baby. It is so cute, it was a wiggling around and we got to see the heartbeat. It was so amazing to see!  The ultra sound dated me at 9 weeks and 2 days. That would put my due date at March 4th, 2014. So I am just going to say I am due the first week of March.
 
There is our little prune. I am already thinking it is a girl, but we will have to wait about 11 more weeks to find that out. For now I will be hitting up garage sales and looking for baby stuff. I am kicking myself for getting rid of all of my baby stuff from Gavin. So if anyone has anything I can barrow that would be great.
I hope you all have a great weekend!
 
Jessica
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Congrats! I wish I had worked out while I was pregnant or even after for that matter! I waited 10 years to get my butt in gear. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am trying to keep at it, but my energy is non-existent.

      Delete
  2. Congrats!! That is so exciting. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the news... My wife is working on our third due 21st sept and we to got rid of all our baby stuff from our second child, and we did it with our first too. We obviously don't learn, or something. Good luck with the running whilst pregnant, a lady in another blog I follow ran all the way to week 40. So it possible keep going at your pace though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have found that I am a bit slower, but I want to keep at it, I think for the exercise part and a piece of mind too.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your announcement!! So exciting!! I am 36.5 weeks pregnant with my third child. I did a lot of walking with my first two pregnancies, but no running. Once my second child was born I took up running (it's been 4.5 years now). We decided to get pregnant right after I finished my first marathon last fall. I didn't want to stop running just because I was pregnant and my doctor didn't want me to either. I've been able to run throughout the entire pregnancy. I was averaging 30 miles a week for a long time, however July was more like 16 mile weekly average. I ran in a 5k race yesterday and completed it in 32:05 with only one stop for water!! I was very happy with that. Best of luck with running while pregnant. It has definitely helped me to balance my emotions and keep my energy up while being pregnant and chasing around my 6 and 4 year old boys. Definitely listen to your body and the baby and embrace the time while "running for two!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, way to go to you. I am going to keep running and maybe do some 5K's, but nothing longer than that, unless my energy comes back in a big way. Good luck to you!

      Delete