Thursday, August 29, 2013

Hello 2nd Trimester!!

I am sorry, I have not been on here much at all, but here I am today!
So in my pregnancy world I am officially in the 2nd trimester! YES!  Let me tell you, I had the worst morning sickness ever, I was so sick and ended up getting some medication from my dr. That helped and so far this week I have been feeling great!  I even made a few more dinners than normal and baked up some cookies and other treats. My energy has also come back too! 

I had an appointment yesterday and I got the hear the baby's heartbeat, it was 155 and I was surprised when they told me my due date was changed to March 4th. I guess they changed it after my early ultra sound, but no one told me until yesterday.  I also scheduled my anatomy ultra sound for October 2nd. I am so excited to find out if it is a boy or a girl.  I am hoping for a girl, but I will just take a healthy baby and I will love it the same!

In other news, my hubby ran his first 5k race. He has done the Zombie run and the Warrior dash, but this was his first "real" race. He ran in the Eastwood Bank/Rochester Half Marathon and 5K.  He finished in 25:15 and won 2nd place for his age group. I am so proud of him, he was very nervous and I don't think he even paid attention to any of the advice I was giving him. LOL. I ran this race last year and it is a pretty easy course and it was my Moms On The Run official team race. It was fun to just cheer everyone on this year. I probably could have ran it, but I didn't want a really bad time and be all bummed about it. Plus, I had to watch our son, he loves cheering us on at races.

Up next, my hubby is running in the Warrior Dash #2 for Minnesota on Sept. 7th and he also might do one or two more 5K's this fall. I am also thinking about signing up for just one more this fall to keep me going.

I did attend my last class of Moms On The Run last night. I can't believe summer is almost over and fall is around the corner. At class we did intervals of 1:30 and 1:00 of running/walking or in my case walking/walking faster. Then we did a strength training circuit with hand weights and ended the evening with light stretching. It felt so good to get a workout done, I have been very sedentary lately and it is killing me. So with the weather about to cool down some and the return of my energy I really hope to get back out there and put a few more miles on my running shoes while I still can. I plan on staying inside this winter and doing some strength training and treadmill workouts.

So I have to add at least one photo to this blog since I haven't downloaded the ones from my camera to my computer of my hubby's race yet. So here you go! Happy Thursday!!





1 comment:

  1. You look great! Tell hubby congrats on his race. That is very impressive!

    ReplyDelete