Friday, May 3, 2013

Winter...Spring...Winter...Whatever Mother Nature!

Ok, for real, mother nature needs to be set straight. It is supposed to be spring, not winter! I am sure most of you know we got 15.5" of snow overnight Wednesday night into Thursday and a few more inches Thursday into Friday.  So I think Mother Nature is against me running and training for my half marathon. Seriously, I can't win with her. So I am just going to press on and hope for decent weather this weekend so I can get out and do 9-10 miles. I should really be doing more like 11-12, but that is not happening. I feel a little bummed out that I am no where near where I want to be at this time of year. And it isn't totally mother natures fault.
Last week I decided to go back to my class at the running room. I had not been there in a few weeks due to a conflict of interest, but I really wanted to get back there for a nice 5 mile run.  So we had our class and at the beginning we had a guest speaker from Cross Fit Credence come and talk. And she thought it would be fun to show us a taste of what cross fit is like. She had us do squats, and we had to go all the way down, like butt almost touching the floor and chest had to be up. We had to do as many as we could for 20 seconds and then we rested for 10 seconds. We repeated that six times. Once we were done my quads were killing me. Oh my gosh, were they killing me and within a few minutes of finishing that we had to go out for our 5 mile run. Let's just say, I felt like I was an 80-year old trying to fast walk. I am sure my form was terrible. I finished the 5 miles and then the next 5 days I paid for it. My quads hurt so bad I could barely walk, going up or down stairs was very painful and I had a very interesting time trying to sit down on the toilet. I had to stand in front of the toilet, bend over at the waist, keeping my legs straight, then put my hands of the floor in front of me and then squat down and sit, and I had to use the floor to get back up again too. 
So I milked cows Friday night, and I felt ok, but I did not get my 9 miles in on Saturday morning. I got in about 4.5 and some of that was walking. Then on Sunday, I downgraded my race from a 10K to a 5K and I did run the whole thing in light to moderate pain. So I skipped Moms On The Run on Sunday night and tried to rest my legs.
I do feel pretty good now, but I almost feel like the muscles are tight and need to be stretched out. So I plan on running tomorrow and I will make sure I do a good warm up.
I hope you have a good weekend and I hope that this weather straightens out and we can get some sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment